To have a fascinating start of the year one must have optimism. Optimism is seeing the better and the bright side of life. Successful optimists tend to be more include towards viewing the good things that are happening in their lives which empowers them to be more productive and focused than pessimists. The following are some suggestions on how to increase optimism in this year for better results.
- Set long term goals and visualize yourself having achieved those goals. If you want to increase optimism you have to formulate very clear and certain goals and then visualise yourself having achieved those goals. This increases excitement and confidence as you will feel like an achiever who has already accomplished those goals.
- Record your progresses every day. Every day in the evening have a time to review and to think about the progresses made during each day. Write each small increment and progress as this enhances self-confidence.
- Practice gratitude. Each day practice gratitude. While still focusing on your goals, it is always important to pause and be grateful for the present. Feel happy for what you have. To manifest gratitude, make effort to visit and interact with the less fortunate and those in need.
- Keep the company of optimists. Pessimism is highly contagious and one must guard against pessimism. Even after setting goals and visualizing yourself having achieved them, and even after recording progress and being grateful, it is possible to slide back to pessimism if one keeps company of pessimists. To sustain optimism, you have to be surrounded by the company of other optimists. While pessimists sap your energy and motivation, optimists multiply your energy and keep you motivated with hope and words of encouragement.
- Be a lifetime learner. To be optimistic one has to make commitment towards learning. Make a goal to learn a new thing every day, every month, or every year. Have a commitment to learn something beyond your current knowledge as this keeps your mind active and equips you with the skills needed to achieve your goals. In fact, learning is the most practical step towards achieving the set goals.
May you be filled with energy as you pursue optimism in world that is full of negativity and pessimism.