It is obvious that most people make resolutions for the new year. In fact, it is wise to make resolutions and have goals to achieve during the new year. There are resolutions that one can make and have a better year and have higher prospects of succeeding and finishing the year on a high note.
- Take stock and charge forward. Evaluate yourself and ask whether there were battles you won last year and also evaluate whether there were battles you did not win. Ask yourself some of these questions in order to honestly take stock and make better decisions during this year. Are any of those battles worth continuing? Why didn’t you win them last year? What can you do to win them this year? How can you make those things you liked most about last year happen more frequently?
- Commit to doing something new each month. The aim of this is to expand the scope of thinking and experiences. Do one new activity for one month consistently and then assess how the activity has impacted or improved your life. Some of the new things that one can commit doing are reading a book every day, writing a thank you note to someone. These new activities are likely to create new powerful habits that can significantly improve one’s productivity.
- Make a commitment to fitness. If you can, join a fitness club, an exercise group or a team sport. Join a fitness works better mostly because it involved a teas and involves other people that will make you accountable towards the attainment of fitness goals. The reason why fitness is a priority is because the demands of twenty first century and the lifestyle is making people live sedentary lives where they are seated all day long staring onto screens and food has become more affordable and available making one likely overeat. The lifestyle diseases are on the risk hence the need to prioritize fitness in the new year. Doing fitness with a team will not only make your workouts more productive, but they will also be more fun. Plus, you get the advantage of having others hold you accountable to your workout commitment.
- Practice the one-a-day-at-a-time principle. Don’t strive to do too much. Just do one thing at a time. You cannot make everyone happy all the time but you can choose to do something extraordinary each day. Find a customer, colleague, relative or a friend each day and do something remarkable. Resolve to use one-a-day principle in 2020 to make your business and life better.
- Develop financial discipline. Decide to make a budget for every month. Clearly record your expanses. Track your spending to take control of your finances. This will help you identify unnecessary expenditures that can be cut out while ensuring that additional income is saved and invested wisely.
The list can be extensive but it is better to have just a few resolutions which can be followed and implemented. Have a remarkable 2020.